MOVE IT 2018 is taking place 16-18 March at ExCel London and will welcome over 28,000 visitors through its doors. The 2018 line up is looking incredible – with over 240 dance classes led by leading dance colleges and industry professionals as well as main stage performances featuring some of the biggest names within the industry and amazing new features such as the Roller Rink and The MOVE IT & Capezio Championships. There’s also a selection of seminars and masterclasses for professional & aspiring professional dancers (MOVE IT PRO), shopping, a Freestyle Stage, Showcase Theatre, Acro Pad and so much more! If you haven’t been to the event (or even if you have!) please do check out the full 2018 programme here: www.moveitdance.co.uk
We are currently searching for volunteers to join the MOVE IT team and work on this high energy show!
We have a limited number of opportunities available for working at the event so please carefully read through the following details before applying:
- This is a voluntary opportunity and we are not able to offer payment to staff
- MOVE IT is the biggest event of its kind in the UK. This is a great opportunity if you are interested in gaining practical/hands on experience in event organisation or jobs in the dance/performing arts industry. You’ll get a unique insight into what’s involved in the organisation of an event this size. Furthermore we would be happy to provide references post event to assist with future employment opportunities
- Staff must be available to work on all three days of the event – Friday 16, Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 March.
- You must also be available for a full staff briefing which will take an hour or so on Thursday 15 March
- Working hours will be 09.00-19.00 on the Friday and Saturday and the Sunday
Roles available for the MOVE IT TEAM at the event will be:
- Ticket and merchandise selling
- Dance class stewarding – manning of dance studios around the show floor to collect tickets, ensure that the teacher arrives on time, notify us of any problems etc.
- Main entrance / front of house hosts for trade visitors and VIPs
- VIP and additional hosting
To apply please send:
- Your full name
- Email address
- Contact number
- A description of your work experience to date (up to 300 words)
- Which role/s you would like to be considered for
Please send to Zara the MOVE IT Creative Producer email@example.com applications will be accepted up until Monday 12th February 2018.