Site news

**Collaboration Opportunity with 3rd year London College of Fashion Student**

Picture of Joanna Gray
**Collaboration Opportunity with 3rd year London College of Fashion Student**
by Joanna Gray - Tuesday, 23 January 2018, 11:22 AM

Please see below details and contact Francesca Prior on: BA.3DFXshow@yahoo.com if interested - Please note that rehearsal/filming dates will need to be arranged around your studies.

'The Thousand-and-Second Tale of Scheherazade' Dance (Short Film)

I am a third year degree student at the London College of Fashion, studying 3D Effects for Performance and Fashion. I would really appreciate the opportunity to collaborate with The Place dance students or alumni. 

I am looking for two reliable dancers, one male and one female, to perform a conceptual dance to Aurora – Running with the Wolves as part of my Final Year Degree project. It would be a unique and exciting collaboration opportunity.

My project is based on The Thousand-and-Second Tale of Scheherazade by Edgar Allan Poe. There are two characters; the King and his wife Scheherazade. This fantastical, emotive performance will explore themes of the fragility of life and the inevitability of death through the life cycle of nature / natural forms.

The dance is based on the final night before Scheherazade’s death. Both dancers will be dressed in animal masks / headpieces and a body suit / costume; the King representing life in full bloom, and in contrast Scheherazade who will portray degeneration and decay through the changing of colour in the costume, as well as the progressive deterioration of her costume.

The performance will be filmed in a green screen facility / film studio and will feature surreal projections. This experience can be used as part of their portfolio in both photographs and film and it will also provide the dancers with an invitation to the final exhibition. The dancers and I would need to collaborate to choreograph and rehearse a dance based on my brief. I also have some dance video links to provide an idea of the sort of narrative / aesthetic I hope to create.

The dancers will have to be measured to ensure the costumes and the masks will fit and this will take place at the London College of Fashion Shepherd’s Bush campus within the next week or two. The rehearsals will be finalised and filmed by the end of April 2018. It is important that the dancers are available on one of the days in the week beginning 14th May 2018 to present the costume and mask for my assessment. Travel expenses will be covered.

Collaborating with dancers would be an amazing opportunity for me, and hopefully likewise for them. If anyone is interested, please could you let me know via email. 

I will look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Francesca Prior

BA.3DFXshow@yahoo.com